Thursday, May 9, 2013

Winner, winner, chicken dinner


I am always thrilled to find one-pan dishes that are also delicious. It's like winning the recipe jackpot, isn't it? Because who has time to prepare a feast and wash 900 pans and prep bowls on a Wednesday?


This chicken bake by Jamie Oliver (remember when he was the Naked Chef?) is so easy and so tasty, I've made it twice this month. It's a hit with the grown-ups, as well as the toddlers; the chicken pulls right off the bone for tot-friendly pieces, and they can't enough of the bread bits (I served it to them with some halved grape tomatoes for an extra veggie punch). With tomato and basil season fast approaching, I'm planning on this being my go-to dish of the summer.



NOTE: This dish is great the next day, but it doesn't reheat well in the microwave, better to do it in the oven so everything doesn't get soggy. Also, I baked it at 375, not 350 (the recipe is written in Celsius but it converts to 350) and I still needed extra baking time to get the chicken and pancetta as crisp as I like. Of course, this may just be my sub-par NYC apartment oven.

Make this tonight, I promise you'll love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment