Thursday, May 16, 2013

Lentils redux

My friend Emily claims she's not a great cook, but I think she has amazing instincts when it comes to food. The other day we were having sushi at her place, and she whipped us up a side salad of chopped cucumber, avocado, and pomegranate seeds - delicious and the perfect complement to our lunch. She just shared this super simple and healthy recipe with me that she makes once a week for her husband and tot daughter, Willow, one of Jack and Nellie's BFFs. I know you'll love it, too!


Cook two packets of these lentils (from Costco!) as directed. 


Emily adds a can of kidney beans and a sprinkling of chia seeds to boost the healthy and filling quotient. Chick peas would also be tasty.


Serve 'em up with some quinoa, brown rice, jasmine rice, barley, whatever you have on hand! Emily pairs the lentils with roasted veggies - I would love it with some cauliflower tossed with a little curry powder. Turn up the heat with some sriracha or sweeten it with some chutney (or both!). Yum - I can't wait to make this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment