Friday, April 26, 2013

Boston, you're my home(town)


I had planned on launching this blog last Friday, but instead I was glued to the television all day, watching the surreal events unfolding in my hometown of Watertown, Massachusetts. I wasn't going to write about what happened in Boston, it seemed inappropriate for this blog. But I was so touched by the May cover of Boston Magazine, as well as the story behind it, that I had to share.

Many people will talk about the toughness of Bostonians, the "don't mess with us" attitude and yes, there's a lot of that. But Boston also has plenty of heart, and Bostonians have passion and strength like no other citizens I know. I love living in New York and I loved going to college in Chicago, and I truly believe that the reason why I connected so well with these cities is because every time I took the train into Boston as a teenager, I fell for city life a little more. Boston, you were my first love and I know you'll come out of this even better than before. I look forward to catching up soon. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment