Friday, September 6, 2013

A few things for your Friday afternoon


We have a busy, busy weekend ahead of us: Evan is a groomsman in his friend Mike's wedding, so I'm getting ready to party down three nights in a row (starting tonight with his fiancee Emily's bachelorette party). I'm also getting my first haircut in four months...yahoo!!

We're also apparently going to have to give our daughter another lesson in why she can't always have All the Things. (See above.) The twosome are officially 18-month-olds in every way.

I hope you're all enjoying this autumn preview we're having in the northeast; it's perfect wedding (and hair) weather, so I'm pretty psyched about it. Have a lovely weekend, and if you do nothing else today...

1. Order this. I've been a fan of Dinner a Love Story for a little while now, and I just bought their fantastic cookbook. It's a gem - and so helpful to have all these great dinner ideas in one place.

2. Read this and this.

3. And this, if you haven't already.

4. Oh, and this, because it's hysterical.

Lastly, get up and go outside. Right now. You will not be sorry. And if you're reading this from downtown Manhattan, where I spent so many years running out for a coffee on perfect Friday afternoons like this, make your way to the Seaport, get a cup from here, walk towards the water and just enjoy the view. For me.

Happy Friday, my sweets!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment